We’re looking for an experienced Senior Architectural Technologist to join our fantastic design and delivery team.
At Collinson Construction, we take projects from concept to handover. As part of our design team, which includes our Architectural Design Manager and other qualified Architectural Technologists, you’ll be providing designs for small-to-medium sized projects ranging from £500k to £5m.
Your primary focus will be the design and delivery of sports halls and leisure facilities, with the team looking into other sectors in the coming year.
You’ll use a BIM approach and the latest technologies (including Autodesk Revit) across high profile projects.
You’ll be a confident communicator comfortable with taking the lead on projects, able to adapt to challenges.
You’ll be self-aware, able to:
- Recognise your strengths and limitations
- Adapt and improve
- Consider the commercial impact of your actions
- Communicate well and share ideas with the team
- Be self-motivated and dedicated with good organisational skills
- Be proactive and ambitious to achieve the best for the team and yourself
When it comes to delivering objectives, you’ll be able to:
- Show ownership and willingness to take on responsibility
- Provide imaginative solutions
- Prioritise and plan to deliver agreed objectives
- Take personal responsibility for delivering your objectives on time
- Liaise with consultants, subcontractors and manufacturers to ensure project coordination
- Undertake technical research
- Produce construction package information
- Deal directly with Collinson Construction teams to deliver projects to meet business objectives
- Deal directly with Collinson Construction fabrication and site teams to produce details / solutions to resolve issues on live projects
Your Competencies and Experience
Technical or Operational
- Minimum 5 years working in industry post-University degree or equivalent
- Experience using Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Experience leading projects as a Senior Architectural Technologist
- Capable of reading and accurately interpreting drawings and technical specifications
- Experience reviewing and commenting on subcontractors’ drawings
- Understanding of the importance of sequencing and best practice construction methods
- Thorough understanding of construction detailing with a portfolio demonstrating strong technical ability
- Experience delivering projects in Autodesk Revit
- Minimum HNC / HND / BSC Full Honours or equivalent